Sunday, August 30, 2009

Well, I have not made anything of late-that is rather shocking!

I am trying to figure out what I want to make out of some things I found at the dollar store, but haven't had any bright ideas as of yet-kinda know what area (art) but not exactly what I want to do...so, I feel downright anti-crafty! I am almost ashamed!

Well, we did start our first week of school last week, so that took precedence. I also started the workbox system for my teenager...so, figured I would list a few of the non-schoolie things I tossed in there...



this is fun...I have her do an outfit or 2 per session-she then glues it together (and when I have the little velcro dots) we then put it in her file folder with her designs-kinda like a designer has.


US President flash cards I found at Target for a buck. (I have only the ones she is currently covering in her All American History lessons in there right now) with a timer card for about 10-15 min.


Quarter Mile Math card to do some fun math practice with a timer card


A card to play a game (shows the actual game pic on it-so she knew which one I meant-as I only made non-worded cards for the boy last spring, so hey, didn't stress her out cuz she didn't have to read the name-lol) with her little brother

Mozart CD to listen to for about 15 minutes (I have a couple different CDs that will show up here and there)

US Puzzle to do (hey, bit below her skill level, but she needed a refresher of where all those states are, and it was a "fun" activity-I will add more again-except it'll be the hundreds of pieces one)


Mystery Marker and Book from Cracker Barrel

What is coming up for the week ahead-

felt squares with sewing needle, thread and pattern to make a character she created (looks like a candy corn with a face) and some beans for fillings

cooking activities: I will type up a card with what I want her to make with the supply list and recipe.



US states flashcards

Educaching activity (this is something I am reviewing)



I am constantly on the lookout for fun stuff to mix in with her reg. work. I am going to dig out some stuff that have been buried in boxes and see what I can come up with. She actually enjoyed the mini-fun things

and oh, lest I forget the biggest show stopper-I have a few snackies that I bought for both of em...so when brother has a snack in his boxes-she will too!

So that is all that is newish here-wanted to give ya some ideas for your teens-do not be afraid to put some things that are a bit "below them" because the idea is to give them a few minutes of fun, refreshing activities to revive the brain cells before jumping back into the ole reg. school work.

HTH

No comments:

Post a Comment