Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Work Stations/Ideas for number cards and such

I thought I would post our work stations-one for a second grader, the other for a tenth grader.  There are boxes for putting the items that are non-consumable and need to be put away,  another for papers and assignments that need to be graded and recorded, another for all those little, laminated cards they have in their boxes/files, and the number card return board (I blocked out their names).  This is part of the their area.  The actual workboxes are nearby (well the boy's is right now-Sissy's is the file system until I get her boxes).

Thanks for taking a peek into our school area.

The teen's area.  She chose to have fruit for her numbers/board and layout.  They are so cute!  I just used good ole' MS Word for the clip art and grid.  It is that easy.  The return box card is a bag of fruit dumping out (instead of a dump truck like brother's label).  I also need to get a cork board above her area for all her notes and reminders she needs on a daily basis...some how they just disappear on the desk.



 
The Boy's area.  He has vehicles, of course!  I also have a current book we're reading near their boxes-simply because it is a good reminder spot.  He is also responsible for the calendar-hence the red board with the current number cards for it.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Sheri! I like this! I especially like the cars theme for a boy. Only mine might prefer Legos. ;) I may have to ask him. Thanks for sharing. It is giving me ideas and inspiration for our home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great meme! I look forward to seeing what others are doing with their workboxes. My daughter has a cork board for her notes and reminders as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your set up. I'm looking forward to seeing what activities are in other workboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by from the TOS Crew. I'm also reviewing the workboxes. I love what have done so far, and I'm glad to see another homeschool mom implementing this with a teenager. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete