Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A trip to the local Cracker Barrel


Ok, so the Cracker Barrel was just down the street from the hotel, and since I would have to drive about 40 miles to get to one by my home-I insisted we hit their store. Glad I did. Way back when, my hubby bought my daughter the golf tee and triangle game there, and we loved it. Problem is-she cannot recall where it is. So, I had that on the top of my list of "must haves". Found it-altho our earlier version had wood pegs, not plastic like the new ones-hmm...so now I can pop this beauty in there for the boy to do. I also picked up one of those mystery books (yellow pen highlights the answers) for him too. I almost bought one of those faces where you move the metal shavings to create a beard/hair on the face. Almost. So, don't forget that even those familiar places can produce some little treasures for the workboxes.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Cracker Barrel.. My favorite restaurant. Everytime I go see my brother in ID we pass one in Missoula and WE MUST stop.. I love the games they have on the table.. That's cool you got one. Maybe next time we go to it, we will pick up a couple.. The kids LOVE playing with them while we wait for our food.. even the 'big' kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be glad you didnt buy the metal shavings mustache guy. I bought some for the boys as a prize for some game or another and they would have nothing to do with them - they did not get it!! Can you believe that??? I guess wiht all the better toys these days the simple things in life are just not that exciting!!! I can remember spending hours playing with that guy and having the best time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hubby made the kids one of those triangle games with some scrap wood and some golf tees. and they do love playing with it. another great thing about CB is they have many dover coloring books to choose from!

    ReplyDelete