Friday, May 15, 2009

Storage idea for folder games





This is one of the math games which came with the package set of the math games from Home Education Resources. So I took one of the folders I bought at the Dollar Tree (sold in a 3 pack-I only saw 2 of these so dunno if these were left-over from when school started-way back when) and laminated it. I had to actually split it in half to go thru my laminator, but all is good-just used clear packing tape to reseal, then put one of those envies for CD Roms (kind used to store, you get a ton per box) for the game pieces. I actually just glued 1/2 way up the back side so I can open the top part and have room to do so. I secured it at the bottom front-area with more packing tape to ensure it stays. I added an envelope for the game cards and the instructions were laminated onto the folder (glued on before). This is a nice way to store the stuff. I also did a folder for another game in the package, but it needed 2 of those CD rom envies. I am placing these folder games on the math table, in a rotation. I can use these for the next few years, since it is always good to gain practice in money concepts.
***FORGOT TO MENTION: I had to trim the folder to fit the laminating sheet. I think I sliced off about 1/2" on the bottom per side, and about 1/4" per side.
Guess that would help ya out-LOL!

Thought I would share this idea, incase you were needing some ideas on how to save and store these to last wear and tear of eager students. Blessings

1 comment:

  1. I just got a laminator (yay for me!) and was wondering about cutting the folders in half and taping them back together! So I guess now that will be the plan of action. I am really enjoying the ideas that you post. Thanks.

    Alicia B

    ReplyDelete