Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week 3 of What's in the Box?

Here are a few samples for this week. I was going to go to the dollar store and do some creative shopping for the workboxes, but there was a huge storm that blew out many folks' electricity-including the dollar stores. Well, I guess I will go this week. I have enough for Monday.


Figured the boy could use a bit of music time...so this in the line up.


Another geography project to do-simple, but a review project for him. It will go into his geography notebook.


I bought some snacks to pop into the boxes on occassion, and since I had animal crackers-how appropriate it is to have him munch the cookies, and read a book about being in the zoo (circus) to boot!




We're doing the Salamander Room this week, so I am just having him do the salamander related projects from the Homeschool Share Salamander Room lapbook. He will create a little booklet on them, instead of a lapbook (trying to not lapbook him to death), that we'll have done in a few days. I still have to print off some pics from Nat'l Geographic Kids about Salamanders to add into it, and that will be complete.

We will also be wrapping up the globe project-making due with the blue paint I have and will add the white later, once I get to the store (when they have electricity) this week. That box has the instructions, paint, brushes, globe and a water cup.

Hopefully, this week's boxes will go rather well with him and I will find some great new goodies to slip into them. Have a great workboxy week.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and think I will put it to use here at home. Not sure if I plan to buy the book and such and go all out but I do love the idea of them having their assignments in the boxes ready to go each day.. I guess I am off to the store to get boxes and a couple shelves :)

    ReplyDelete