Friday, April 24, 2009

A fun geography/art project

I downloaded the Make a Globe project from Enchanted Learning. I put almost all the stuff needed into the workbox for the boy to do. He really enjoyed it, and I think I did too-kinda fun sliming up your hands with flour glue and slapping it on a balloon. The larger workbox was just perfect for this big project.



The globe is currently hanging from my kitchen light fixture, drying nicely. It should be dry by Monday to paint in the typical globe fashion-oceans and continents. That reminds me-I need to pick up some more paint. Hmmm.

4 comments:

  1. Love this idea. Thanks for posting it!

    By the way, I'm so enjoying this blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I am pleased this blog is a help to you. You made my day today! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Did you let his dry for one day for each layer, or did you just do all three layers, then let it dry a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie-we just slathered on a ton of strips and then let it dry real good. I think there it is about 3 or 4 strips thick-maybe...it didn't take much. HTH

    ReplyDelete