Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It is that time of year where one can find the goodies at the Dollar Tree


So, I went on a wee trip to the Dollar Tree, and found a couple neat things-so here they are:
(which means if you have one near you, you may want to take a wee trip there yourself)

The States wheel is perfect for our study of them that we'll be starting.  Way cool, and I am going to put that into our Geography Center for activities.  The little compass do-dads, well, I thought I could write some stuff on the back, like "kitchen" then he has to take that and his real compass and go to the kitchen to see which direction it is.  I can come up with all sorts of places (inside and out) that he can do this activity...again, it will go in the Geo Center.  The little Jupiter expanding towel is something I have seen but never tried, not exactly sure what to expect, but hey-we are picking up our solar system study with Jupiter tomorrow, so it is going in the workbox for fun!  

I don't know why this turned, it is correctly set in the documents, but guess you'll just have to cock your head for a second.  The arrow lines up to the state you want to know the stuff for...then on the other side, you can read the answers.  Fun!  I am thinking I will have my son do this for each state we cover, and have him fill in that info on his lapbook components-kind of a win-win situation-he can do copywork, get the answers for his lapbook stuff and I can step back and let him do it.  Yeahs.

Neat huh? On the back there is a place for the child to write the info on their state and it also lists the abbreviations for the state names.

This too turned even tho it is correct on the documents.  Well, I dunno what we'll find, but it will be neat to watch this grow. LOL


So there are some of the goodies.  I am going back for a couple more of something I found and will post that later.  Til then-enjoy some more ideas from the box.  Hey, and ya know those wall decorations I have noted (in this post and many others-the compasses here-you don't need to use em for what they are suppose to be used for...you can tweak em for all sorts of "works" and/or use em for the file folder games and  more-use your imagination ladies-


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to head over there myself tonight I think. I LOVE finding stuff like this there. Magic towels - they are fun. My boys have had some. It should end up the size of a wash cloth I think. I'll have to look for these too as we'll be doing a study of astronomy this fall. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! I will definitely have to check out the Dollar Tree in our area! Thank you, Sheri!

    ReplyDelete