Thursday, January 21, 2010

Teen's workbox stuff-Science notebook

Take a hop over to my Hsing on a Wing and a Prayer Blog to see the latest in our notebook craze. This one is for the teen's biology study. Each module will get its own section, where we will add all sorts of goodies that we want her to remember. You can use this concept with many subjects!

And thanks to my crafty bud at Spell Out Loud, I now have a great way to make these babies even prettier. I kinda knew about this, but needed to "see" it and then I watched the You Tube link to get a better grip. Do stop over there and check it out! I am going to be "beautifying" all the notebooks 'round here (so the science one will undergo a transformation too!)...[and thanks Maureen, you help inspire and motivate me!]

As for the teen's workbox, I add whatever graphics and such we need for that day, with a note telling her what to do, plus the notebook/glue/scissors, etc. and of course, her science reading assignment/text. You could do that for any of your teen's subjects-but you have to have that stuff ready to go (which means getting the copies, worksheets, materials gathered and set to go B4 your student gets to it)..but just to let you in on a teeny tiny secret--lately, we've been scrounging up the stuff after we do the reading b/cuz my life as of late has been extremely busy crazy...so don't feel too bad if you don't get it done until the point of the student actually doing it, or after...as long as it gets done...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad you were inspired! I'm loving that groovy paper on the notebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I thought you had covered it already :) Anyway, I love how you are using the notebook for all the science notes and illustrations. Excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete