Thursday, November 26, 2009

Had a good question about the schedule books

My TOS mate Lisa from the Berry Patch, at Freedom Academy (that is her HS blog) asked if I would then be scheduling out the full week, using the Schedule Books-and that would be a big YES!!!  With the daily schedule strips, I would be redoing 5 x per week, what could be done once a week.  That way too-I can see what we have going on thru-out the week, and will be able to pack the boxes (even tho this doesn't tell me what is going in-I still know how many boxes I wanted for that day) accordingly.  I tend to wing it too much, so this way I will be a bit more grounded.  Not that we are bound by that schedule, but it is a goal to try to meet.  On those days we simply cannot get to it all-if it is of major importance, then those box cards/activity cards will be moved to the spare spots or the "carry over" spots on the next day's grid.

Also, she wanted to know about binding.  I am going to the UPS store first, b/cuz it is just up the road-(want to scope out who would be doing it tho-and if I feel they understand and can accomplish it without ruining it-I will have it done there since it is like $3 or so bucks a piece)...but if I am uneasy about their skills (hey, ya know, this took a lot of time and some cashola to create  these beauties-have to be a bit protective of em), I will go to the Office Depot or is that Office Max? Well, whatever it is near the mall, to have it done.  Kinkos can do it too-just not one near close enough to our homestead go to.

And to Lisa, and the other gals who have already commented-thanks!  I am pleased to be able to share this idea (altho not that is was mine originally-thanks to Ginger Snap Shots for that) in the Super-Sized version.  If it helps a fellow HSing momma plan the kiddos week out, and if it saves her time in the long run (that would be after the things are made, cut, laminated, Velcro'd, bound and such-LOL) then it is all worth it!  

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks for answering, Sheri! ;-) This has really got me thinking as I tend to wing it a bit here too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Love what you have done. It is fun to be organized, isn't it? Thanks for all the pictures to explain it all too. I enjoyed reading about all of it.

    Thanks for your prayers for our family too! I do appreciate them.

    Blessings
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete