Saturday, October 10, 2009

A different approach to those expandable file folders my daughter is using


So I was using paper clips to attach the little notes and info cards for my daughter's workbox file folders-and grew very tired of the paper clips failing in their mission, the fact a lot of  them would go MIA. Oh, and simply-the messiness of it all.
Then my brain had one of those light bulb moments. I grabbed my pack of library pocket cards I bought during the summer (of course, from the Dollar Tree) and spray affixed them to the folders-now I can simply slide the note in there. No more lost cards! The only problem with this is that the cards I use (except the long white ones and index cards) are a tad too wide. So I will simply run another set off and trim the closer to fit. I can still use these files for a lot of other things, once we switch to the shelving unit (when that is going to happen is a mystery).

Thought I would share that helpful idea, as I know a few of you are also using files/expandable ones.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Right now we have the library pockets on the wall with the assignment card and then she has to get the folder to go with it. I am definitely doing this!

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Those sticky post fall off all the time. Thanks.

    I added your meme to my workbox post http://bit.ly/42XO4L

    I'm really looking forward to the meme. I added everyone to my Google Reader and labeled it Workboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robin! Glad to see you are visiting my blog! Yes, there are lots of great wkbxing ladies that have signed on. Now I just need the time to get the roll made up! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete