Monday, August 10, 2009

Night out at the movies






We took the cinema kit for a test drive last night. Boy was my son excited! I decided to let him do the concession stand for opening night-which was a success (altho, the stand lost more than it took in due to offering a bunch of free coupons) and best of all-the boy learned to count out his money drawer, tally it up at closing, serve folks, take orders, and make change. My daughter served as the ticket taker and the rest of us just came as patrons. I hope to do this a couple times per month at least. I only need to remember to get a copy of the snack bar prices for the employee to know what to charge (we kept turning the menu around to see) and also to get the movie house sign up (still have yet to do that).

Well, I hope to get this into a form you all can download soon-perhaps by Sept. Please be patient with me-I have some projects that need my attention first, then I can get these switched over to HSS (need to get templates and stuff first tho)...I will post when it is finally up. Thanks.

Til then-

4 comments:

  1. Oh...will you be my mommy? LOL, OK just too much fun...hats, menu's, order book, what will be playing openign night???

    Thank You in a advance for putting it in pdf form....yay now our famly can have movie night.

    My girls will love this because they have never been to the movie theaters and now they can see what it's like. My youngest one will most likey want to run the concession stand she is so into 'business' you know, always the librarian, secretary, cashier, and waitress...lol

    YahChna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat Sheri. You come up with some great ideas. I can't wait to be able to download it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it.. And thank you again for sending this too me.. Can't wait to use it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great, Sheri! I only wish it were available now. We're going to have a cub scout popcorn and movie night in mid-September and show our copy of "Follow Me, Boys!" I'm hoping you've posted it by then, because this would go along just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete