Monday, April 13, 2009

Scheduling Workboxes


Well now-that is a new one for me (schedule ideas), since I have not truly started the full use of em. I spent most of last week working on a lapbook for Easter, and this week is sort of a week off. I have some things we will work on, but I haven't had too much time where I didn't have to have something schoolish to do-so I am taking a mental break.

Scheduling certain things by certain times is most likely not going to happen. Some days we have to start later due to daddy's work schedule, or doctor appts. and so forth. I tried to to do the schedule thing for years, and as a result-I became a slave to the clock and lost the joy of teaching and interacting with my children. I have some guidelines, but try to stay flexable.

Next week, I will get "serious" and get his boxes filled for him to work on. There will be some math (M, W, F) and on T and TH there will be math games instead. Science and history will be 2x per week. Reading and writing skills are top priority right now-so we are mostly concentrating on those. I will add games, play time and such but right now, I am just in the planning stages. I do have some organizing ideas posted below, so please feel free to read on. Other than that-our boxes are remaining rather empty.

Visit Cuddles on the Couch for more ideas~

1 comment:

  1. The Easter lapbook sounds lovely. We had a hectic week and sadly didn't get to reflect upon anything beyond our lessons (we are somewhat behind because of a very rough pregnancy).

    As I visit, my girls and "playing" with plastic Easter eggs and having a hunt together.

    ~Mrs.Cuddles

    ReplyDelete