Sunday, September 20, 2009

Brain Hat

OK, found this because one of my Most Helpful TOS mates and Team Members, Debbie posted this on our TOS Crew forum...you can download and do this fun activity too at Ellen McHenry's Basement Workshop site (I will post the Viking game soon).

All I did was copy off the hat pattern onto card stock, add some scissors and tape, and coloring pencils to his box; and whallah, this is the end result. NOW I did get the biggest chuckle, because she stated that hat is a one-size fits all. WELL apparently she hasn't met my big headed children! LOL!! I mean, my kids noodles are huge (and I should know-I delivered those bowling balls) and I must say-it does not fit all. We were laughing so hard we about burst. But the activity was fun, and it will provide a great visual for the areas of the brain study. We actually did this for a part of the Nutrition 101: Choose Life! eBook we're reviewing.
Sissy chose to forgo the photo shoot tho-hmm, wonder why?


He looks like some cartoon character-some alien hybrid! ROTFL here!



Thought you'd appreciate a chuckle today and a link to another great site!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I am going to be your official "Ask Sheri" question generator! I am wondering how much time it took you initially to get organized and fully functioning with the work boxes. Did you ease into it or transition into it as you got things ready?

    I am finding it very hard, in the middst of already doing school to have the time to fully sit down and implement the system and am wondering if I should just put it on hold until I have a longer period of non schooling time (like christmas Break) to really get my thoughts together and all the "stuff" together.

    I appreciate your mentoring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just nipping over to tell you that the 'boot' of the car is what I believe you would call the 'trunk' :D A trunk over here is either a very large wooden box used for storage purposes, or the nose of an elephant! Whereas a 'boot' is either the back-end of a car/van, or something you where on your feet (often Wellington Boots - (errr ?gum boots) are just 'boots' or 'Wellies'). I've learnt a lot of American lingo over the years - I even hear myself typing it sometimes, I read that many blogs of US M'o'ms :D !!

    Thanks for stopping by - keep visiting - it's good to 'see' you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great!! I can't wait to try it on my big headed kids too! Maybe I'll try and enlarge the pattern. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I did need a good laugh! Thank you! I have one with a big noodle too and nothing ever fits him right. Looks like y'all had a great day!

    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I couldn't find the link to the nutrition book you mentioned to me. Could you share the link again? Thanks!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha!!! I love it. My husband says I have a big old watermelon head and I tell him it is for my big old giant brain! But I really love this idea. I am getting the Stack the Deck writing program and he somehow uses a brain hat. I have been thinking...where could I get one of those? This is even better....make it and learn a little something to boot! Thanks Sheri!

    ReplyDelete