Monday, September 21, 2009

Vikings Game


Here is the Vikings game I mentioned in the previous post.  The timing for finding this could not have been better.  I chose to print the Bk/Wht version.  I then sat and colored it all nice and perty...and when folks ask why I seem so young for my age, this is the reason I give them:  because I still love to color like a kid (keeps ya young I tell ya!)....so anyhoo, I glued the panels down (using that spray adhesive-that stuff is totally awesome and I am not sure why in the world I haven't used this sooner-it is getting its own post soon!) to card stock, laminated them, and used clear packing tape to assemble them into a board (and it still folds up to a smaller size for easy storage).  I then raided the Pictionary game for the pieces (I am looking for little ships or something Viking related) and pulled a couple spare dice out of our math cabinet and went to town. It is fun!  We also watched a Viking DVD (so that went into one box) with some popcorn, and this will continue to visit our workboxes until we move on to another subject.

You can find this beauty for free (well the components-) at Ellen McHenry's Basement Workshop site.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Oh, I am a kid at heart too.. I love to color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been featured! http://www.squidoo.com/bestofworkboxesontwitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat game! I have some boys that would love to play that too! Too bad you don't live closer so they could play together.

    Thank you for your encouragment on my blog. I do appreciate it so very much!

    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete