Friday, October 15, 2010

Some fun historical goodies to pop into a workbox

 Look at these neat project packs!

I put this in my teen's box-it required sewing this together and I wasn't sure if the boy could do it-besides, she begged to do this one!

Our little corn lady is uh-naked, as we still need to sew her apron and hat...LOL That is her fancy material behind her...now to just get some sewing done and she won't be so "out there"...

so I received these goodies to review for the TOS Review Crew (I am the head First Mate on this so I received all of em-whhoooot)...and thought I would share how neat these are for tossing into the ole workboxes.

We are covering American History right now, and so these are rather timely!  So far, my son has painted and assembled his Tomahawk, helped with the corn doll (which is definitely one where you need two people), and the teen has stitched up the coin purse and (as pictured) the fringe purse.  They really have enjoyed making these!  We will work on the quilt next week, since it requires a bit more time and energy...but when we are done, we'll have some very cute items to remember this period in time.

You can always add such things to the workboxes and the kids will totally dig them-even if they usually don't like this sort of thing. It certainly will add some new, exciting things to do- and it meets the "handiworks" requirement that Charlotte Mason strongly encouraged the children to be exposed to and do.

You can see the great products that the Corps of Re-Discovery company has to offer, and take a look at the other goodies too! I am seriously pondering that Quill Pen and Paper kit!

Enjoy!

**OK, this is not a review per say, but it should be duly noted that I did receive these products for free, from the Corps of Re-Discovery company-to enjoy and use with my fam.  I did not receive any financial compensation for this post or for my opinion of them.  It is what it is-fun stuff to put into your child's workbox to serve as hands-on projects, for their history curriculum.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! We are doing the Middle Ages this year along with the Reformation and Renaissance but just seeing these things gets me thinking!

    Thanks, Sheri!

    ReplyDelete