Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bit of the teen's boxes today (actually folders)



Her schedule book opened to today's activities


This one came first. Any papers I have gone thru that need to be readdressed are put in here and come first. 



She is working on this great book for her Bible stuff, along with a couple other programs.  But for today-it was reading from the Stranger on the Road to Emmaus.



We found this book originally at the library.  It teaches Algebra in a more easily understood way for my precious math-aphob.  This was box #2.


She is still working thru the Nutrition 101 study I reviewed late last fall.  I have her also going thru Dinah Zikes foldables/labook on the body too (mostly cuz I need it for an example when I start my lectures on this stuff-and she is kindly making these for me)...but it also helps her recall pretty darn well..so "killing 2 birds with one stone" here.




Then on to LLATL for box #4.




This is part of the science box-working on genetics in Apologia's Biology book-which is too heavy to put in the holders, but the notations on what to read/do, are in the pocket of the folder.  This cute Bikini Bottom Genetics worksheet is in there too.  Really helping her figure out all the nitty gritties of it.  I found this puppy (actually 2 worksheets) on The Science Spot.  


This was her last box.  She showed a great interest in knowing what the book was about-and since I have read this one a lot-I know it can be somewhat daunting to read the book first-so...movie first, then the book with Cliff Notes.  

I know I missed a couple of the folders (one had some worksheets for thinking skills-) , but this gives you some ideas on what you can stuff a teen's boxes with.  

By looking at the schedule book, you can see she also had to do some work in the Geography Center, and work on a math program on my puter (also reviewing that product)....so what cannot fit in a box, can go on a schedule form or book.  :0) (PS I have the templates for that book on my scribd pages-check it out!)

HTH with some ideas.  Not super creative but it does give you a peek into what you can do.  



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the peek into your dd's day. I enjoy seeing what others are doing. I should probably post this sometime too.

    I wanted to answer the question you left on my blog about the co-op. I wasn't sure you'd see my answer there since I'm so slow in getting back to you. (I actually missed the comment as it came while I was gone and I just saw it tonight, but anyway.)

    For our co-op, we use the lessons as a springboard to the topics we will discuss. Then each teaching pair decides what they will be doing with the lesson. I can't take the credit! I'm totally blown away by the creativity shown in each co-op. Truly we are being blessed each time by the gifts and talents of the gals teaching.

    God is using this group to bless our families in many ways. I know that each family in the co-op is very thankful for the gifts that are shared. It's a very sweet thing!

    You can do this too! When you gather others and they share from their talents and passions, you will see the same wonderful things!

    The book. Hmmm ... not sure if/when that will ever happend. *blush* Its something I'll consider, but just not sure when it would happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I really like the way you have this set up. It seems less complicated then the original system. I am the Homeschool Lounge and sending people your way to see how you have yours. Alot of people are having the original system complicate their day not realizing to mix it up for what benefits them. We are all still learning. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to share that I recently set up a "tweeked" version of the workboxes for my teen. She will be a freshman this fall and what I did was to use one box per subject and in each box is everything she will need for that subject including pencils, notebook, textbook, calculator, etc. I think it will really help to foster independence and she seems super excited about using it! Wish I could post pictures, but if you go to Facebook and check out the Connections Academy page you can see some pictures there.
    <3

    ReplyDelete