Friday, September 25, 2009

In/Out Session Center cards


Here is another part of the WKBX system that still has me wondering...the jury is still in deliberation regarding the necessity of them for my children [again folks-this is a personal decision and must be based on your child(ren)'s needs/learning styles, etc.]. I decided I wanted to do something else, a bit different (again) than what is included in the purchase of the book. I like graphics that are bold and colorful, and when I stumbled upon these in MS Word, I saw the potential for the Session cards. As a part of the review process, I truly want to try all the different ideas/components of the WKBX system, and so I broke with my normal aversion to such things, and made the kiddos a set each.

I loved the color and images and didn't want to "cover it up". One of my fellow TOS Mates mentioned she used clear packing tape to create a pocket-well, that got me to thinking!  I had accidentally run an extra laminating sheet thru the machine and so I had a whole big piece of see-thru possibilities right under my nose. I simply cut to size the section I needed to create a "pocket". Then I used my ever trusty clear packing tape to secure it.  I also cut a strip of cardstock to make the background base for this, added an extra cooridinating piece of cardstock for drama (scrapping skills coming thru here!) and print out of their names (which are blocked out) to pull the Session Center together.  When I originally created the cards in Paint-I didn't realize the size!  Oi!  SO when I went to print-they were pretty large-I have resized them now. Not being one to waste good ink/paper, I worked with what I already created.  So they are big (about 4" across)-but maybe that is a good thing-they certainly cannot claim that they can't see 'em!

Here is the boy's....[clarification-the In/Out cards are separate pieces I glued back-to-back before laminating...but I suppose you could have 2 cards instead-I just didn't want to make another area to store them-hence the flipper-over card.]

Uh, it is not hanging crooked on the wall-for whatever reason, guess my angle, it just appears to be so. I have these right next to the chart to hold the WKBX number cards (ones that come off of the boxes)-so it is very visually noticeable!  

So if you decide to go this route-I will try to get those downloads up soon-for whatever reason, when I go to upload I am not seeing them-and I know they are there! Oi. Otherwise, making your own is easy too. I have a few different backgrounds made up for different tastes...look for them soon (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment