Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thought I would show a workbox activity to ya


I found this puppy on the site, for free (of course, you need to print and [recommend] laminate it) under the David's Sheep Number Words file folder. I actually found this thru the main site, File Folder Fun [thanks to my pal at Learning By Living]. There are a lot of really cute file folder games to create there. Since my son is a bit late on the reading skills, I have held off on teaching the spelling of the numbers...so this will work perfectly this summer and fall. I can also make the numbers up to twenty if need be (as it only goes to 15)...

I just laminated them onto 2 pieces of card stock...put dots at the bottom corners so he knows that is to match (now he does know his number order quite well, so this isn't really a problem, but wanted that there for any future users)



and then on the opposite side, there are the remaining numbers.



I also laminated the sheepsies to keep them all nice and pretty. I store it in a ziplock bag. So now I have a fun and teaching math activity for the workboxes. If I wanted to stick with a theme, I could do these, a craft relating to sheep, a story about sheep (I think I have one about Sheep in a Jeep) and maybe a DVD or something about em. I could have easily used this to tie this into the A New Coat for Anna Lapbook (the one I made is on Homeschool Share to download, it can be found under the free lapbooks page)as well. There you have it-a wooly way to learn the spelling of numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment