Sunday, May 3, 2009

Center Idea-Money




The center I threw together last nite. I have the posters/coins just taped on the wall right now-as I am not 100% sure that is where I want to keep the center. I have to be careful cuz the school area is now in my library and the walls are extremely difficult to fix (it is a two step, two paint project)-so I must be careful not to poke too many holes into it. Once I figure where it will stay-I will get a cork board to hang the stuff on.
Anyhoo-I have the Cube Friends game on the easel (he made at one of the Home Depot Kid's Workshops) and the Dollars and Cents game too. I put the money bank project there as well. I will give him a little dish of coins to put into it (once nephew is down for a nap) and he can flip thru the booklet he worked on as well. I will continue to add stuff thru the week and next. I just ran outta steam last night. But it gives you a glimpse of what I have for a center area. Oh, and the truck on the easel, that is the one he made using those melt beads from the art project I showed a few posts ago-those are such cute projects, and he loved doing it.


Dollar Tree finds (not all recently, some items I have been "collecting"). There are some gigantic coins (comes in a packet-kinda flimsy paper, so recommend laminating or gluing on to card stock, if you need to get a lot of use out of them-not sure exactly what I wanna do with em, outside of adding decoration to the center area), the Dollar and Cents game I had to rummage thru the boxes to find, of course fake money/coins, the poster that came with the Telling Time poster in the package, and 3 money sign design file folders I found too. I am laminating them (not real sturdy) then using them for the file folder games I just bought. Figured they are a cute folder for the math games.



The back side of the poster. I just have to take it to the library to make a copy. These will go in the center area for him to do.

Oh, I forgot...in the giant coin pack-they had one Sacajawea coin-so I wrote "Money Center Activity" on it, laminated it and put a Velcro dot on it so that when I pop that into his workbox, he'll know he can go there and "hang" for that amount of time. I also made a bunch of other center notices to go in the boxes, and will post them soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment