Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Well she is almost completed...but well-here ya go....the Geo Center

I will have to post another post with the links and sites where I found the majority of this stuff...as I am just too pooped to do so today.  But here it is -almost.  Yah see, when I work on these sorta things-I have it all in my head, unfortunately-that means there may not be parts of it available in the real world. Sigh.  So I am still looking for a poster I can chop up or a big pic of a globe for the lonely spot next to the maps holder...so pretend to see one OK?  Then, the Flora and Fauna-that is something we will work on in spurts-I just have to decide if I will do a long strip of Velcro across that section (couple actually) to then have the child pop up some critters and plants that are found in that region of the world or a different approach...I dunno...I will get to it when I get to it, I suppose.  As we learn stuffalage about the said region, then I will add information cards into the pocket for that stuff, and I want to add a few more Lat. and Long. maps with more detailed number listings, for the teen to use.  But for now-this will do.  I also have two teeny tiny compasses I got in a science kit last year...aren't they just so cute?  Well, I suppose if you want one of those, you can look at the dollar store to see if they have a wee bigger one available. Or maybe you have that kit too-I have to check the name but it was one I ordered for free last year-but I Velcro'd them up there too.  The picture of the compass is so I can say to the boy, "Hey, where is the Pacific Ocean from our location?"  He will have to figure it out by using the fake compass....yes, I do enjoy torturing my kids.  LOL

And what else?  All the stuff is Velcro'd to make my life easier for switching out maps and labels, as mentioned in the previous post....I think that is it for now....again-look for the info links later.

OK, so here ya go...I was trying to do an Image Loop of it and it dropped all the pics when I clicked something and honestly-I just don't want get my BP up today...so-well, I will upload it all on it later...but here is the 3 panels and a few close ups-



few of the close ups for ya...








The over all look [minus the MIA pieces], with added books, a puzzle and clipboards with the maps they fill out...

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are FREAKIN AMAZING! Wow, can I send my son to HS with you? You are amazingly inspirational. WOW WOW WOW! I want to make one of these RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is REALLY nice Sheri. I have to go make one now. Awesome job, thanks for sharing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, as usual. Thanks for all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete