Saturday, September 12, 2009

Workbox card ideas

For my teen-I found these two pics in catties and cut cut and glued em to an index card-then I laminated it, so I can reuse it all the time. Right now-I am not using the BFB program because we were quite fortunate to receive the All American History II from Bright Ideas Press, to review-so that is what we'll be using as our backbone in history for her this year. I haven't made a card like that for it, because it comes with tear out pages for the student (which go into her folder workbox) and then the for the text reading-I am using one of the Post It notes that are laminated (found on yahoo group). I am still in the process of making more-amazing how these "to do" lists keep growing!




This is the Holding Station set-up. You can download it here: Holding Station File, or you can find them in the file section of the Yahoo group (Workboxes Group, I think). The Lego looking dude card goes in the workbox. The student then knows they have to go to the Station to pick up their stuff. It is kinda like going to the post office to collect a package. There are 6 cards/station number cards in the set. I am using 2 12x12 clear paper holders I found at the local JoAnns store (scrappin isle). And the smaller box right now. I am going to get a larger box (for number 3)-but alas, just haven't gotten around to it yet.


The super-sized games can fit into the 12x12 holders, along with a lot of those big things that just cannot fit in the regular-sized boxes. I also created cards with pictures of the actual games we own. I simply found the pics on line, and made them into a card. One can also just use a pic they take of the games as well. I then added a dot of velcro under it (after laminating) so I can stick a timer card on it too. Then the student knows they are to play that game-so they simply go collect it (from wherever you store them) and comes back to play. I put a timer in the box too-it is too easy to get carried away in the game and lose track of time. I like to save games for closer to the end of the assigned boxes-it proves to be a great motivator!

Hope these ideas help you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment